11 March 2018

memory recollection and in turn...

Before I forget, I stumbled on this documentary about people who have the ability to remember events down to the very year, month and day. It's incredible. Some days my memory really sucks and here are people who can recall the weather or event that happened years back. It really makes me think about how their neurons fire compare to an average brain, or how these memories connect in their brains so quickly. I thought it was really cool how they did the brain scans to show how he used parts of his visual brain that people don't access. I wonder if the rapid recollection of memory would have a similar profile as those who are pathological liars, because I remember reading this study (1 | 2 ) discussing increased white matter and how it allowed them to jump into creating "stories"/lies so quickly (although the study is more conclusive on personality types rather than the wiring of the brain).

I definitely felt for Jill though. I don't think I would want to recall all memories especially through the downs of life. I'm already a mess as a pretty average person lol and every so often when I'm overthinking moments of my life, choices I've made, or even dealing with anxiety, it gets rough. Even the small stupid stuff make me cringe. So to have to go through all the memories in detail is triggering. She said that she went through depressive phases, and damn, it must've been a vicious cycle..

The human body never fails to amaze me. That's cliche and a known fact, but sometimes I take it for granted and when I learn about stuff like this, it reminds me how quirky our bodies are; these living cells that function, our conscience, the connection... yeah that's another discussion. But basically, Being Alive is pretty cool, gotta remember to live life even if I'm #marriedtothehustle and be amazed with what we can achieve and what the rest of the world has in store.

2 comments:

  1. i am with you on that, as soon as i read they remember everything from the year, month, to day my entire body trembled. that is something i CANNOT deal with. omg im anxious just thinking about it. but ur ending is also true, theres so much out there we don't even kno about n its all pretty amazing im assuming.

    a fucking look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr, it's kind of a gift and a curse. The world is amazing <3

      Delete