09 January 2017

Habits

I hope that everyone has had a great start to the new year so far. As for myself, I would say I am optimistic and trying to stay pro-active about my goals.

I started reading The Trial by Franz Kafka after completing Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami. I was going to write a review but I think I might just compile monthly favorites/likes because I'm not very good at rating. I either like it or hate it. And anything in between is often an unmemorable read which isn't even worth having feeelz.

I got back on my week day work out routine. I used to focus all on leg workouts because it was the easiest (imo) and the butt burns (from squats) feel good. But I SUPPOSE I need to have a good balance, so I've integrated cardio (light jog with thirty second bursts) and light bench pressing.

I might pull out my Japanese workbook this week.. Who knows.


In other news, job hunting is a full time job. The market is incredibly... meh right now. As it always has been. But I guess I was more than optimistic. I have been considering doing something with business, but that's for the future once I figure out how to squeeze my priorities and hobbies into a productive 24-hour day.

Baby steps!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of those books before but I have heard of those authors. I remember having to read the the metamorphosis by kafka and it definitely was a different experience reading his book. And I know Murakami is pretty popular right now but I feel like he's a bit too surrealist (?) for me. Not sure if I'm using the right word, haha.

    I also worry about job hunting. I still have a year and a half left in school but I'm always worried I won't get a job in the field I want because I'm not as experienced as my other co-workers.

    Good luck on the job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of wish I was more into the classics they made us read back in school. Nowadays, I find myself going back and looking for those same books because they were actually good(?). I can see similarities between Kafka and Murakami works in that quirky, almost fantasy surrealism. I haven't read a lot of Kafka, so I can't comment, but for Murakami, he definitely has his share of surrealist (I don't know what to call it either lol) books, but a good chunk of his other work is kind of like a fantasy, metaphorical dream-state of surrealism.

      My advice is to start hunting before you're out, or try to get internship while you're still in school. I think that was my mistake, thinking there would be some market waiting for me. It also varies from major, so perhaps you will have better luck^^

      Thanks!

      Delete