30 January 2017

Books from January 2017


First book compilation of the year!


Now that I am out of school, I have a lot more time to dedicate to leisurely reading.

Below are my collective thoughts during or after reading certain novels:

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro // Finally got around to reading this Sci-Fi Dystopian. The story was purposely slow so that the contents were revealed only towards the end. The overall theme evoked feelings of desolation.

Colorless Tzukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimmage by Haruki Murakami // I am a huge fan of Murakami. His works usually reflect his love for jazz music and imagery of urban solitude, and this book was no different. I enjoyed the writing as usual, but didn't think it was anything special. The ending had concrete closure which I appreciated because Murakami tends to leave them hanging.

The Trial by Franz Kafka // A little too literary for me, but I enjoyed the simplicity and style of realism.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm Never Let me go sounds interesting! I've heard of Kazuo Ishiguro but haven't actually read any of his work yet.

    I haven't actually read any of the books on your list >< And your taste in books is so different than mine... but I really want to try reading new books that I normally wouldn't read so I'll have to give them a try!

    Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to read Never Let me go!! great post :)

    writingclaud.com

    ReplyDelete