24 September 2018

Readings:




The Patient by Michael Palmer : I haven't read a crime novel in what feels like forever. The story was easy to follow, the plot and twists were entertaining and it was not corny at all (maybe a little but it was bearable). You got doctors, you got crazy mafia-type terrorists and then you have a bit of a cheesy love story.

Side Effects by Michael Palmer : I think I'm starting to enjoy this style of mystery-action genre. It's definitely more "Hollywood" than what I would normally digest but still not bad. The ending was rushed and I got confused with the characters but that was probably because I wasn't focused.

Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates: What started out as what I thought would be a light read ended up pretty heavy. I think it's a pretty good book that goes through the ideology of the 'all american dream' and how carried away you can get trying to find happiness when it's not really Your happiness. I'm definitely going to check out the movie which stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet? No brainer.

South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami: (No comment. Once I get through all his works, I'm going to just make a rating in order of faves).

No comments:

Post a Comment