24 September 2017

Project Positive

I have been trying to re-incorporate the basics of minimalism into my life these days. I've had lots of ideas; some that I set free into the world, and others that I will keep to myself for now. Overall, I want to stray from negative thoughts and be happy.

One of the common pieces of advice I hear from all these organizational or minimal-related sources is:  "Things that bring you happiness."  Whether it's keeping physical items that bring you happiness, or reminding yourself of the little things in life..

Not gonna lie, I have been unintentionally accumulating a lot of things. I have way too many make-up products, most of which I kept because the packaging is pretty. I have too much lounge wear because it feels necessary as an advocate of The Homebody Club. Stationary overflows from my work space and filing boxes. It's kind of..ridiculous. And I realized that none of it brings my happiness. This might sound stupid but I feel stressed thinking about it sitting there taking up space but I also don't want to waste anything. So my solution is to use everything as much as I can. What's the point of hoarding all this stuff when I can't fully appreciate the product?

It's a small step towards gaining my happiness but having an open living space is important to me. I'm also trying to blog more frequently because it used to bring me a lot of joy just typing endlessly to no one in particular. So I'll try that too.

2 comments:

  1. good luck on ur happiness journey, have been in a little rut myself. but writing random thoughts always seem to be a huge relief

    afuckinglook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The sentiment is mutual. I've thought of bringing a journal around with me to write with me too.

      Delete