09 April 2019

Readings:


So I kind of forgot I read these books, but alas, here they are. This batch purveys a more somber mood than my usual reads which wasn't intentional at all.




1. Dry by Augusten Burroughs . I've been fascinated by this author for a while and his memoirs. It's interesting to read how his character was shaped from his childhood memories to an adult. In this memoir, he writes about his struggle with alcoholism and how it affected his life. Seldom do I cry when reading but this one really got to me, partly because it dealt with the topic of addiction and partly the loss of a significant person. Anyways, I'd recommend this.. actually, I'd recommend Running with Scissors first and then this (chronological order).

2. Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami . Self-explanatory lol

3. Quiet Dell by Jayne Anne Phillips . Alright, so main plot and characters aside, I was disappointed that a random fictional love story was wedged into this factual, real life story about a con man serial killer....Literally was hooked by 1/3 of the book, then bored the rest of the way because of the romance bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment